(Left to right) In September 2020, Sylvie Guenther, Executive Director, Hiatus House, presented Mary-Ann Stark (Windsor Basketeers Lead) and Bonnie Pacuta (President, Rotary Club of Windsor-Walkerville (lead partner)) with a Certificate of Appreciation for donating over 70 baskets through Windsor Basketeers' inaugural campaign.
OUR 2022 CAMPAIGN IS ON!
Tragically, domestic violence continues to be on the rise, and abused and compromised women need people to care about them more than ever! If you are looking for a meaningful way to help, Windsor Basketeers offers a loving and giving pathway to help give women much-needed items—providing the hope and encouragement they deserve.
For this year's campaign, we are going back to baskets! Please help us reach our goal of 42 baskets, which will be gratefully received by women who rely on Hiatus House to help them leave violent relationships and transition from the shelter to a new, safe home.
REGISTER YOUR BASKET!
Please register your basket on our main website (http://basketeers.org/baskets/register) so we know it’s coming.
FILL YOUR BASKET!
Preparing a basket can be a wonderful family or group experience. Fill a laundry basket or a lidded storage tote with whatever YOU think someone would love! Its contents will provide much-needed items, and your efforts will offer help when it means the most.
Here are a few tips for putting together your own basket:
- Items should be new or nearly-new in perfect condition.
- Avoid sized clothing, but if you insist, please be sure to indicate the size on the list of items.
- No food or beverages, please and thank you!
- Please attach an itemized list to the outside of your wrapped basket or lidded tote.
- Don't know what to put in your basket?
- Kitchen: cutlery, dish set, glasses, pots, fry pan, dish rack, dish towels, oven mits, cutlery tray, bakeware, can opener, potato peeler, spatula, stiring spoon, ladle, measuring cups/spoons, storage containters/bags, coffee maker, kettle, toaster, etc.
- Bathrroom: towels, wash cloths, bath mat, tub safety mat, shower curtain/liner, plunger, wastebasket, hair dryer, organizers, first aid kit, nail kit, etc.
- General items: 3m hooks, journal, tool kit (screw driver, hammer, etc.), swiffer cleaning tools/duster, microfibre cloths, etc.
- Please also include a loving note to provide a warm hug!
DROP OFF YOUR BASKET!
Drop-off date: Saturday, November 19, 2022
Time: 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Place: The Safety Village, 7911 Forest Glade Drive (Windsor)
I launched Windsor Basketeers because I wanted to help my community, and I am absolutely overwhelmed by YOUR generosity and golden hearts. There were many stories, hugs and even tears shared during the 2019 inaugural drop-off event, and we were doubly amazed over the past two very difficult years with your kind words and generous donations. Today, I am even more committed to keeping this annual initiative focused and strong!
I invite YOU to join me, Bonnie and others in standing behind brave women on their journey to a new beginning.
With warm regards,
Mary-Ann Stark, Windsor Basketeers Lead
*Please note Basketeers is not a registered charity. No tax receipt will be issued for donations.
Regions We Serve